Are birds, wildlife and our natural habitat of interest to you?
If so, we invite you to be a part of a community that enjoys, values and protects birds and our natural world.
Founded in 1946, the Birmingham Audubon Society is Alabama’s leading non-profit organization engaging people in the enjoyment and conservation of birds, their habitats and the natural world. With your support, we involve people through recreational birding, by extending their horizons with education programs, and by engaging them in conservation actions such as planting trees, counting birds, and working with local, state, and national policy makers.
There are many ways you can support Birmingham Audubon
Please join us and make a difference for birds and your quality of life, right here in Alabama!
Take the first step and become a Member of Birmingham Audubon. Get connected with our Flicker Flashes newsletter.
See birds by participating in one of our free field trips, and learn something at one of our free monthly programs.
Make a Donation
We rely on your support and are proud to work on your behalf to restore wildlife habitat, conserve areas that are important to birds, and inspire appreciation and understanding of our natural world.Your generous donation, above and beyond the basic membership dues, is an important source of funding which allows Birmingham Audubon to facilitate our vital mission of connecting people with birds and the places they live.Make a Donation
Your memberships and donations support:
- Free monthly programs on natural science topics
- Free field trips led by expert birders to great birding and cultural locations
- Opportunity to attend Annual Banquet and Birmingham
- Audubon Mountain Workshop
- Introduction to great locations to see and observe birds
- Exposure to knowledgeable birders
- Travel opportunities to regional, national and international birding locations
- Graduate student research grants
- Local and statewide conservation initiatives
- Adult and student education initiatives
- Local, state and national conservation initiatives
- Alabama Birding Trails support