Memorial Day means heading to beautiful Alabama beaches for many of us and friends in neighboring states. Whether at Dauphin Island, Gulf Shores, or Orange Beach here are a few items to add to your list to make certain the beach is a fun place for you and a safe place for our nesting shorebirds:
- Watch for signs and help protect nesting areas
- Walk around areas where birds are nesting and resting
- Keep you dog on a leash
- Pick up trash and fishing line
- Fly kites well away from nesting areas
- Enjoy only official fireworks celebrations while at the beach
Thanks for helping protect our Alabama coastal birds this holiday and throughout the summer!