Join Birmingham Audubon’s Outreach Director for free walks exploring natural sites around Birmingham. Named for Philip Henry Gosse’s early exploration of Alabama flora and fauna, Gosse Nature Walks last approximately two hours and cover a variety of natural history topics, from birds to plants to geological features. These walks are open to all ages and experience levels; just remember to wear appropriate clothing and walking shoes, and to bring essential outdoor provisions like sunscreen, insect repellent, and water. We’ll have a small number of binoculars and field guides on hand!
For more information on Gosse Nature Walks, visit our events page.
- GNW#09: Birmingham Botanical Gardens. 10 November 2017
- GNW#08: Moss Rock Preserve. 06 October 2017
- GNW#07: Ruffner Mountain. 08 September 2017
- GNW#06: Cahaba River Walk. 14 April 2017
- GNW#05: Watercress Darter National Wildlife Refuge. 10 March 2017
- GNW#04: Crestwood Park. 10 February 2017
- GNW#03: Vulcan Park. 07 November 2016
- GNW#02: Ruffner Mountain. 15 October 2016
- GNW#01: Avondale Park. 09 September 2016